TNSET Exam Notification 2018-2019 Apply Online Application Form, Assistant Professor Posts. Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test Interested Candidates are requested to apply on-line through Official website www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in. The last date for submission of Online applications is 09.02.2018.
Candidates will have to apply before carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview, eligibility criteria, Offline registration processes, TNSET 2018 Exam Application online tnsetexam2018mtwu.in, TNSET pattern of examination, Syllabus, Question Paper, Admit Date Release Date, Exam Date, Result Date etc. the stipulated criteria before Applying Now.
TNSET 2018 Exam Application online tnsetexam2018mtwu.in
Organization Name: Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET)
Official website: www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in
Employment Category: Tamilnadu Govt Jobs
Job Name: Assistant Professor
Total No. of Vacancies: Various Posts
Qualification: Post Graduate Degree
Job Location: Tamilnadu
Last Apply Date: 09-02-2018
Selection Procedure: Written Exam
Mode of Application: Online
Register & Application Form: Available Below
Name of the Post: TNSET Following Posts
- As a Nodal Agency of the UGC, the Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal announces the conduct of the State Eligibility Test (TNSET 2018) on 04.03.2018 (Sunday) for determining the eligibility for Assistant Professor in Tamil Nadu Universities and Colleges. The University will conduct TNSET 2018 in 26 Subjects at 11 Examination Centers across the State.
Eligibility Criteria for TNSET Vacancy 2018:
- 1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for General/ OBC (belonging to Creamy Layer) Category and 50% for OBC(belonging to Non – Creamy Layer)/ Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PwD-VI/HI/PH), in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in subjects like Sciences, Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science & 5 Applications, Electronic Sciences, Library & Information Science, are eligible to appear for this examination
- 2. Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the Master Degree(final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the TNSET 2018 examination will have to qualify within two years from the date of TNSET 2018 Examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- 3.Candidates shall appear for TNSET 2018 examination in their relevant subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the Candidate did not find the subject of their Post Graduation in the list of TNSET 2018 subjects, the Candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- 4. Candidates other than General Category are required to mention their Social Status in the Online Application Form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to the documents such as Community Certificate and Certificates related to PwD (VI/HI/PH), OBC(Creamy /Non Creamy Layer), when they upload their applications. The Income Certificate and Community Certificate uploaded by the candidates must be issued by the competent authorities.In case any of the Certificates mentioned above is found to be invalid by the TNSET 2018 authority at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- 5. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the TNSET 2018 authority has accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final, only upon verification of eligibility conditions.
- Subjects of Test:
The list of 26 subjects for which examination will be conducted by TNSET 2018 along with their respective codes and the medium of question paper setting is given below:
00. Common Paper (Medium of Question Paper English/Tamil)
01. Chemical Sciences (Medium of Question Paper English)
02. Commerce (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
03. Computer Science & Application (Medium of Question Paper English)
04. Economics (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
05. Education (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
06. Electronics (Medium of Question Paper English)
07. English (Medium of Question Paper English)
08. Geography (Medium of Question Paper English/Tamil)
09. Hindi (Medium of Question Paper Hindi)
10. History (Medium of Question Paper English/Tamil)
11. Home Science (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
12. Journalism and Mass Communication (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
13. Law (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
14. Sanskrit (Medium of Question Paper Sanskrit)
15. Life Sciences (Medium of Question Paper English)
16. Management (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
17. Mathematical Sciences (Medium of Question Paper English)
18. Tamil (Medium of Question Paper Tamil)
19. Telugu (Medium of Question Paper Telugu)
20. Physical Sciences (Medium of Question Paper English)
21. Political Science (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
22. Psychology (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
23. Social Work (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
24. Sociology (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
25. Earth Sciences (Medium of Question Paper English)
26. Library & Information Science (Medium of Question Paper English /Tamil)
- * The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their Master Degree in Physics / Electronics / Atomic & Molecular Physics / Classical Dynamics / Condensed matter Physics/ Electromagnetic / Experimental Design / Nuclear, Space & Particle Physics / Quantum Physics / Thermodynamics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and other related subjects can take up TNSET examination under ‘Physical Sciences’.
- * The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master Degree in Pure Mathematics / Statistics / Applied Mathematics, Mathematics with Computer Science & other related subjects can appear for TNSET examination under ‘Mathematical Sciences’.
- * The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their Master Degree in Chemistry / Chemical Sciences / Analytical Chemistry / Inorganic Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Physical Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Nuclear Chemistry / Environmental Chemistry / Marine Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Bio-organic Chemistry & other related subjects can taking TNSET 2018Examination under ‘Chemical Sciences’.
- * The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master Degree in Bio Chemistry / Biology / Bio Technology / Bio Diversity & Taxonomy / Botany / Genetics / Microbiology / Physiology/ Zoology / Fishery Science / Animal Biology / Marine Biology / Applied Genetics & other related can write TNSET examination under ‘Life Sciences’.
- * The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master Degree in Geology / Applied Geology / Geo-physics / Meteorology / Oceanography / Physical Geography / Earth Science / Earth & Atmospheric Science / Earth Science Resource Management / Marine Geology / Petroleum Geology / Geo-informatics / Geographical Information System (GIS) / Applied Geochemistry / Geography & other related subjects can taking TNSET examination under ‘Earth Sciences’.
Those Post Graduate students who have passed Post Graduate examination in more than one subject can appear for TNSET 2018 examination only in one subject at a time.
- 1. Chennai (Centre Code 01)
- 2. Coimbatore (Centre Code 02)
- 3. Madurai (Centre Code 03)
- 4. Tiruchirapalli (Centre Code 04)
- 5. Salem (Centre Code 05)
- 6. Tirunelveli (Centre Code 06)
- 7. Villupuram (Centre Code 07)
- 8. Karaikudi (Centre Code 08)
- 9. Vellore (Centre Code 09)
- 10. Erode (Centre Code 10)
- 11. Thanjavur (Centre Code 11)
- There is no upper age limit for applying for TNSET2018 examination.
Selection Procedure for TNSET Assistant Professor 2018:
- Candidates will be selected based on Written Exam (Paper-I, Paper-II, & Paper-III)
Exam Fee / Application Fee Details for TNSET Assistant Professor:
- For General/ OBC Creamy Layer Candidates Application Fee is – Rs.1500/-
- For OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/ as per the list available on website: www.tnpsc.gov.in Candidates Application Fee is – Rs.1250/-
- For SC/ST/PwDVI, HI, PH Candidates Application Fee is – Rs.500/-
1. After filling up all the details for applying online for TNSET 2018, the candidates have to select the option of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card or net-banking. In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card or netbanking, the applicable taxes and convenience fee, etc. will be additionally charged.
2. The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at TNSET 2018 website (www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in) and if the status is ‘OK’, the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page. In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised to do the following:-
How to Apply for TNSET Application Form:
- 1. The candidates must read the conditions of eligibility carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the TNSET 2018 before filling the Online Application Form.
- 2. Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of application form will not be accepted by Mother Teresa Women’s University.
- 3. Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification.
- 4. All incomplete Application Forms will be rejected.
- 5. Applications submitted on any other format will not be accepted.
- 6. Application submitted without the prescribed fee will be rejected.
- 7. Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below:-
- 8. Passport size photograph in JPG format of the file size prescribed in the online application websitewww.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in.
- 9. Signature of the candidate in JPG format of the file size prescribed in the online application website www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in.
- 10. Income Certificate, Community Certificate and PwD Certificate issued by Competent authorities are to be uploaded in PDF format of the file size prescribed in the online application website www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in.
i) Steps For Submission Of Online Application Form:
1. Candidate seeking admission to the Examination (TNSET2018,) must apply online only through the website: www.tnsetexam2018mtwu.in
2. Candidates are strictly instructed to upload their Photograph, Name with initial, Name of parents with initials and mobile number accurately and correctly. The mobile number once registered cannot be changed or used for another candidate. The University will not be responsible for any lapses on the part of the candidates.
3. Candidates are advised to upload online applications form with efficient internet speed. The University will not be responsible for any mistakes or lapses in uploading or making wrong or double payments
TNSET Assistant Professor Posts Important Dates:
- Starting Date for Submission of Application: 18.12.2017
- Last date for Submission of Application: 09.02.2018
Question Papers, Syllabus & Exam Pattern for TNSET:
TNSET Syllabus & Exam Pattern: Click Here
TNSET Official Notification & Application:
Apply Mode: Online